Monday, June 24, 2024

Letter from Will and his Plans to Leave Boston and Return to Rancho Arroyo (Book 3, Chapter 26)

When she got to her room, all thoughts of sleep fled her mind. There was a white envelope on the bed. When she picked it up, she saw that it was indeed a letter from Will. 


Without realizing it, she began giggling like a schoolgirl. She tore the letter open and began scanning through the elegant scrawl.


Dear Elizabeth,


I am so glad to finally be writing this letter to you! Both doctors have cleared me, and say I can continue the therapy on my own and with a helper. Maybe you can help me? I can show you what they have taught me. I don’t yet have complete use of my arm, but I have regained a lot of movement, and they think it will improve over time, with more exercise. Both doctors said that my arm was saved by the wonderful care I had immediately following the gunshot wounds! Thank you again for doing such a great job. 


The family store is doing great, and we have hired new help, which allows other older family members to take time off from. This also means that I am no longer needed in the day-to-day operations. 


I love Boston and New York, and I will miss everyone, and the sea, but I can’t wait to get back to you and the kids and Rancho Arroyo. 


I am on my way! I will be there as soon as possible.


Love, Will


Elizabeth sat down on the bed and looked at the date on the letter. “This is dated three weeks ago,” she said to herself. “And it took a long time to get here. Which means he’ll be arriving soon.” 


With that last thought, she lay down on the bed and quickly fell asleep, to dream of Will and his return to Rancho Arroyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilar, Santiago and Enrique Run For Their Lives from Rancho Arroyo with Horses and Wagons from the Water Now Covering Rancho Arroyo (Book 5, Chapter 7)

     Sleep was fitful that night for all three of the siblings. Where normally the soft patter of rain on the roof would lull them to sleep,...